Do you receive a benefit from PDN

Your personal details
We define a partner as:

- The person you are married to, or
- The person who is registered as your partner at the Civil Registry, or
- The person with whom you have a notarial cohabitation contract recognized by PDN.

If you marry or enter into a registered partnership, you do not need to report this to PDN if you live in the Netherlands. You do need to do this if you live abroad. 
You must always report a cohabitation agreement executed before a civil-law notary to PDN regardless of where you live and you must register your partner with PDN. Children do not need to be reported.

What pension can you expect?
Statutory benefit
If you live or work in the Netherlands, you are presumably insured for your state pension (AOW). Everyone who has reached the State Pension Age (AOW age) and lives or has lived in the Netherlands is entitled to this pension. The state pension is a basic pension provided by the government. The Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB) pays out the AOW benefit. For more information, please see

What will your partner and children receive in the event of your death?
Statutory benefit
Upon your death, your partner and any children you may have could be entitled to a statutory benefit. This statutory benefit is called the ANW, or the pension under the General Dependants’ Act (Algemene Nabestaanden Wet). Your partner must apply to the Dutch Social Insurance Bank (Sociale Verzekeringsbank, SVB) for this benefit. The Social Insurance Bank is the governmental agency that oversees the administration of the ANW. For more information, please see

PDN benefit
If you die, your partner is entitled to a partner's pension for life and a temporary partner's pension. The partner’s pension is paid to your partner as from the moment of your death. The temporary partner’s pension is paid to your partner as from the moment of your death. In that case, your partner receives this amount until his or her State Pension Age (AOW age). 

PDN also insures a supplemental partner’s pension. The amount of this pension is based on the gross ANW benefit for a surviving partner without children. Upon your death, this amount (January 1, 2022, maximum €16,202)
will be paid to your partner but only until he or she reaches the State Pension Age (AOW age).

The amounts given on the Uniform Pension Statement take into account the partner’s pension, temporary partner’s pension, and supplemental partner’s pension if you are entitled to these.

Upon your death, your children are eligible for an orphan’s pension until they reach the age of 18 (or as long as they are enrolled in a higher education program, up to the age of 27). This amount is also listed on the Uniform Pension Statement.

What will your UPS say if you are divorced?For reasons of privacy and other legislation and regulations, we are not permitted to mention data about your former partner on your UPS. However, if you made agreements with your former partner during your divorce or end of your registered partnership about the equalization (apportionment) of your pension (retirement pension and/or pre-pension capital and/or pre-pension), and you have forwarded these agreements to us and you have received a confirmation from us regarding the apportionment, then in this UPS, your pension will be reduced by the 'equalized pension' (the pension for your former partner). If your former partner dies, we will raise your pension back to the equalized pension.

Your former partner may also have a claim to a special partner’s pension. If you received confirmation of the amount of the special partner’s pension that your former partner is entitled to, then it has already been deducted from the amount of partner’s pension you see on your UPS. Please feel free to contact us if it is not clear to you whether your current partner's pension has already been reduced by your former partner's special partner's pension. If your former partner dies, we will add his or her claims back to your pension under certain conditions.

If you have made conversion agreements with your former partner, and you have forwarded the conversion agreements to the pension fund, and you have received a confirmation, the UPS will only show your own pension entitlements after the conversion. In that case, your former partner has his or her own pension entitlement from the conversion.

If you have agreed that your former partner will fully relinquish equalized pension and/or special partner's pension, and the pension fund has confirmed this, you will of course retain your pension claims in full.

For more information on pensions and divorce, check the website under 'What happens if.... Divorce and pension'.

How secure is your pension?

PDN has drawn up a revised recovery plan and submitted it to DNB. In the recovery plan, PDN demonstrated that, based on the financial situation at the end of 2020, there are sufficient recovery assets to grow within the recovery plan period chosen by PDN of ten years up to the required funding level without curtailment or any other measures having to be taken.

Increased pension
Life is getting more expensive. You can expect to buy less with a hundred euros in a few years' time than you do now. This means that the purchasing power of pensions reduces if they are not adjusted. PDN aims to maintain the purchasing power of your pension as much as possible. Indexation is the increase of your pension to reflect inflation. This will allow your pension to retain its value into the future.

Members’ ongoing pension accrual will be determined based on salary or pay and the part-time percentage. In this way, both the individual and the general salary increases are automatically included in the new annual accrual. PDN's pension scheme aims to increase the accrued pension by the same percentage as the prices. The question of whether indexation is possible depends in part on the fund's financial situation and statutory regulations.